Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's Birthday Time

Yup, its the truth, I am officially old. On June 1st I had my birthday, and this was not just any birthday, it was a milestone birthday and it was my first birthday as a married lady. It was birthday number 25!

Now I know that 25 is not in fact old, but it sure does feel old sometimes! Anyways I had quite the 25th, my husband makes fun because he thinks I had 4 birthdays, and honestly.... I did, and thats just the way I like it!

So on Memorial day weekend I celebrated my birthday with my husbands family, we helped his brother and sister in law paint their new house, then we spent time with the in laws and had a great time. They spoiled me with gifts and lots of love and it was great!

On Wednesday (my actual Birthday) 2 of my coworkers treated me to lunch at Thai (my fave and our birthday tradition), and after work my husband surprised me with reservations at a nice restaraunt in town. I got home and husband was all dressed up for a night on the town! He also gave me such a great gift! A Kindle!!!! For anyone who doesn't know what a kindle is you should go to amazon and read about it, it is basically an ereader but it is so freaking fabulous, the one he gave me is my second one because my other one is older and is big and bulky for carrying in my purse and my new one is cute and compact. I guess for most people this wouldnt be the most exciting gift, but I am a major reader (my hubby calls me a nerd, but whatever!) and I have been wanting this for a long time, so it was a great gift!

After dinner we went and had my favorite dessert- Frozen Yogurt, yummm!!!! We have a new yogurt place in town so I had been dying to try it, its all natural, fat free, freshly made everyday from fresh ingredients, and it was soooooooo good! Now I can't wait to go back!

My biggest birthday celebration didn't come until Friday and that was the party my hubby planned for me (it wasn't a surprise because he knows how I feel about big surprises, and it is not good!) but it was very sweet! He knew I wanted to revel in my youth so he planned my party at our local skating rink! It was such a great idea and so fun! So pre skating all our friends came over and my husband bbq'd then we prepared ourselves for some fun and silliness and made our way to the skating rink and then strapped on our skates! First I should say we were all a bit terrified, none of us had skated in YEARS and lets be honest, I am like the farthest thing from coordinated- and last time I roller skated I broke my wrist, oh boy!

I don't know about your skating rink, but ours has not changed one bit! The skates are even the same from when I was a kid! Fortunately we had a great time, no one fell, and we had no injuries!

My husband even booked the party room for us, complete with decorated walls, soda, cake and candles, it was pretty great!

This is a terrible picture, but you get the idea, and yup thats my husband in the background.

The next day we had dinner celebrations with my family, great food, great company, excellent party.

All in all it was a great birthday season, I was very spoiled and I loved every second of it!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! I love my Kindle, I'm sure you are going to adore yours! :)

    ReplyDelete